Sunday, January 11, 2009

Starting over.

I've decided my knitting blog needed a total revamp and I totally intend to actually write in this damn thing! I've got a project for this year. I'm doing a bit of an experiment and keeping count of all the yarn I add to my stash this year, pictures included, because I've been thinking about it and wondering just how much yarn I really add to my stash every year. Here's what I've added so far.

alpaca2

Wild Rivers Wool Company 100% Local Alpaca. I picked this up at the Wild Rivers Wool Company in Langlois which is located about 45 minutes down the coast from me. I love alpaca. Love!

feltedtweed1

Rowan Felted Tweed in Avocado that I ordered from The Backwards Loop. I'm planning on using this yarn for the Coraline cardigan from Ysolda Teague.

I just ordered 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock, a skein of Dream in Color Classy, and a skein of Malabrigo Worsted. I'm so excited to try the Dream in Color yarn as I've been wanting to try it for a long time and even though it's a little on the spendy side, the colorways are too gorgeous to pass up.

alpacacowl1

I'm working on the Ithacowl right now and using Silver Rose Ranch 100% Alpaca which works great because the alpaca doesn't have a whole lot of stitch definition but it's so soft and fuzzy and alpaca-y! I can't believe how long it's taking me to get it done...then again, schoolwork has been keeping me from my precious knitting. Stupid college.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very jealous of your new yarn! I *so* want to try Dream in Color but I'm too broke! Can't wait to see what you do with it!